IIDebate is hiring 3 new staff members to join our team
iiDebate is a non-profit, whose mission is to develop next generation of civic leaders, activists and change agents by giving young people the opportunity to actively participate in the political process. By opening up spaces for democratic education and youth participation in schools and government, we strive to prioritize the needs of low-income youth and under-resourced schools and regions.
We are currently extending our staff members into new programs in more than 15 regions around Tunisia. We are looking for 4 outstanding creative, young innovative young people to join our team. The deadline is October 30th, 2019 at 05PM to send your motivation letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Duration of the contract: 6 months
Type of contract: SIV
We are looking for a competent Assistant Direction to support the iiDebate direction in departmental planning and monitoring progress. You will also be working to enhance productivity and ensure compliance with rules and regulations. Assistant direction are well-versed in performance and operations management and competent in assuming delegated duties. They are leaders and critical thinkers, ready to solve problems before they become obstacles. The goal is to help the department attain objectives of productivity and employee satisfaction.
● Assist in developing and implementing plans and goals for the department
● Work with the project team to coordinate and supervise daily operations
● Receive all legal documents from external & the staff (Days off request, urgent legal request to be submitted, …)
● Answer and make phone calls to our followers and participants
● Undertake staffing responsibilities (management of the integration of each new employee within the organization, …)
● Receive and follow up with payments made by externals (guests, academy students, rent of the meeting room, …)
● Maintain scheduling of events and represent iiDebate when needed
● Create reports and submit them to the director or other executives
● Responsible of all inventory and material use according to iiDebate policies
● Fulfill duties as assigned by the director or the academy coordinator
● Proven experience as assistant direction or other similar position
● Experience in performance and operations management
● Knowledge of relevant regulations and quality standards
● Proficient in MS Office, relational databases and software (e.g. ERP)
● Outstanding communication and public speaking skills
● Excellent organizational and leadership skills
● Aptitude in problem-solving
● BSc/BA in business administration or related field; ●MSc/MA is an asset
●New graduates in the field of management, linguistic or others are encouraged to apply.
● Contract: SIV
Duration of the contract: 10 months
Type of contract: CNSS/SIV
- Follow-up and coordination with members and participants of the program
- Collection of reports and data Review the qualities of reports received & data management (data management)
- Strengthen the reporting system in the project department
- Collaborate in the development of the strategy for the follow-up of the training and learning process of the participants
- Contribute to the development of the Monitoring and Evaluation system for the project.
- Follow-up with the participants and field visits within Nadhour
- Contribute to the development of communication content Report and escalate to management as needed Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Participate in team’s performance reviews
- Close project and documentation, pass project deliverables to operations.
- Follow-up with the participants’ progress and satisfaction from our work
- Organize all the logistic preparation for the events, training, in coordination with the logistics coordinator
- Bachelor’sdegreeor relevant experience in the same position
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with large and diverse teams especially with volunteers
- Skills in training and debating are a plus Ability to work under pressure
- Experience creating work plan structure – translate requirements into tasks
- Experience with task scheduling and resource assignment
- Experience with project management practices and tools to create, manage, and track project performance, cost, verify scope.
- Excellent people-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, French, and Arabic
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Willingness to work in a diverse team from different nationalities and background Experienced user of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Régions concernées par cette opportunité: Tunisie
Domaines concernées par cette opportunité: Communication et design
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Contract Duration: 10 months renewable depending on funds
Working hours: Full time (40 hours/week)
Location: Based in Tunis, Tunisia
Reporting line: Director, Projects Manager, Exective-Board
Starting date: ASAP
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
A comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and, all Organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
- Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensureregular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc…
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist iidebate chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Provide counsel to IIDebate chapters on marketing, communications and public relations.
- Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
- Monitor &establish strategy on social media channel and website
Planning and budgeting
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Director and Board.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the Executive Director.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, [and the specific business of the Organization and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation.
- Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to: develop and maintain a strategic perspective — based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction — in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making; and, ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
- Help make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and public relations function, with provision for succession.
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the Organization.
- Effectively enable volunteers and staff so they can take action on behalf of the Organization by:
a) transmitting the Organization’s values, vision and direction;
b) engaging people in the meaning of the Organization;
c) respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of people;
Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
Computer literacy in word processing, database management and page layout.
Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
Minimum of 1 year experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred.
Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
Deadline for applications are December 25th, 2019 at 05PM please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com and contact us by phone 0021671780069 in case of need.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!